On all of our 1/2 day and day tours, we provide the kayaks (either singles or doubles), sprayskirts, paddles, PFDs (Personal floatation device, a.k.a. life jacket) and farmer john wetsuits. If you have not worn a wetsuit before they are designed to fit snuggly, like a second skin, over a bathing suit or swim trunks. We do not intend to have you go in the water on your kayak trip but it is always a possibility so it is better to have a few extra clothing items with you that you can carry in the kayak.
In conjunction with the gear we supply you need to bring the following for your tour on the water -
- Footwear you do not mind getting wet. ( Your feet will get wet and we do require footwear. Old sneakers, sandals, water shoes, etc. )
- At least one quart of water. NOTE: WE DO NOT HAVE ANY RUNNING WATER AT OUR DOCK SO PLEASE COME WITH A FULL WATER BOTTLE or plan to buy bottled water at the Cafe next door to us.
- Sunglasses with a safety strap (we do sell straps at our dock)
- Hat with a visor
- A long-sleeve, non-cotton shirt to wear in conjunction with the wetsuit which is sleeveless. A sun shirt works well or a synthetic long underwear shirt. You may or may not need to wear this depending upon the day.
- A wind breaker or lightweight rain jacket if the weather is cool or slightly wet.
- LUNCH (day trips)
- Camera in a waterpoof dry bag or a waterproof camera - we sell both small dry bags and waterproof cameras in our shop.